Sunday, October 02, 2005

Trash talkin'

Give us you tired, your hungry, your garbage? Michigan is greasing up their middle finger and preparing to give T.O. the big heave-ho on our garbage shipments to that state. Where are we going to send our syringes and toxic waste now? In the interim other municipalities have offered dump sites to take our junk including Mitchieville. The Dirty Sanchez Quarry and Compost Emporium, for one.

In the meantime Toronto is desperately trying to persuade residents to reduce their garbage output from 6 bags to 5 and eventually 4 by 2007. Ok did I miss something? I am in a family unit of 3 people and between us, we are hard pressed to fill up even one bag a week. Who the hell is filling 6? What are they serial killers disposing of body parts on a weekly basis? Who needs to throw out that much trash?

If I had that much garbage, I'd be ashamed, and do what I'm sure other guilty trash tossers already practice. I'd dump it in the lake.

No comments: