Saturday, October 15, 2005

Text evasion

Now you can get up-to-the-minute traffic reports on your cell phone by simply text messaging 680680 in and around the GTA and Mitchieville. And you won't have to give Air Canada a dime.

At first this seemed like a good idea to circumvent the problem areas. Then I thought how many more accidents there will be from people text messaging for the report while they're driving.

You know it's going to happen. Some drivers I've witnessed, read the newspaper, yak incessantly on cell phones, eat ravioli, and cut their toe nails while driving, all at the same time. It's dangerous and I just have to say, stop doing that Mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm guilty...i, many years ago, actually donned a pair of panty hose while driving to work, in city traffic. And to make matters worse, i was driving a stick shift at the time.
But these days i'm a much more cautious driver, i only perform oral on the highway, when i don't have to do any shifting of gears, while going 120 kph, with my recipient as my eyes.
Much better, huh?!!

Strange said...

As your eyes I can tell you we were going 160 kph my dear.