Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Brokeback Mountain



It’s only fair, since today is hump day, I review Brokeback Mountain. A movie that has come under such scrutiny and parody even at the hands of my own Blog.

This film will probably win the Oscar only because there are so many gay cowboys in Hollywood they can’t possibly lose.

First of all when I saw this movie I noticed there was a lot of sheep. Thousands of them roaming over vast expansive landscapes, which must have the cinematographer for this movie greasing up his thighs to rub an Oscar between them.

There’s also a lot of playing tent going on in this movie between the two main characters...did I mention there was a magnitude of sheep? Je-sus! Far as the eye can see. Sheep, sheep, and more sheep. And not just any sheep. Sheep that for the first time anywhere, weren’t scared to be around lonely Cowboys.

Also have to say I liked the hats. One dark the other light. (Yup no symbolism there.) "Grab your light saber Ennis and come to the dark side." And Ennis? Sounds a little too close to a certain part of the male anatomy if you ask me. But I digress, I liked the hats. Didn't care much for the sheep, but the hats were cool.

You know when I was little I wanted to be a Cowboy......not anymore.

I give this movie 2 I liked its out of 5.

Tomorrow: Crash

No comments: