Thursday, March 02, 2006

Crash


I really liked this movie. Crash, or as the tag line reads, "Love in the dying moments of the twentieth century".

After getting into a serious car accident, a TV director discovers an underground sub-culture of scarred car crash fetish victims and tries to use that to rejuvenate his sex life with his wife. Curious, odd, and a flawed examination of sexuality/identity.

Tremendous acting from James Spader and Holly Hunter. I thought Sandra Bullock and that Dillon guy were in this? I kept looking for them but I didn't see them. Makes me wonder why Matt Dillion gets a nod for suporting actor from a film he's barely in, but maybe he gave the Academy a little somethin-somethin'? You know like Heath and Jake did in Brokeback Mountain.

Anyway, Cronenberg has really out done himself this time. Perhaps almost as good as "A History of Violence," which he managed to put out this year as well. Wow! David Cronenberg where do you find the time to dirrect not one, but two movies in the same year and have them both considered for the little gold statuette?

I could go on and on.....what? Not the right Crash?.....This one came out in 1996 you say? But I didn't watch the other one......Who was the idiot who decided to make another movie under the same name?.... Paul Haggis?......You mean like that awful Scottish dish of oats and barley steamed in a sheep’s stomach?......Ok, now you're just fuckin' with my head.

I give it 4 I liked it's out of 5. This Crash not the other one.

Tomorrow: Munich.....don't tell me there's two fuckin' Munichs.

No comments: