Thursday, March 16, 2006

Mayor makes amends

Earlier in the year the Mayor sent me and GIGC to a Leafs game to watch them play the San Jose Sharks. Said he was giving us his special seats. Seats that nearly caused me to have a brain aneurysm, they were up so high . So when the Mayor offered us tickets while the Bruins were in town. I had to think twice.

He assured me these were much better ducats than the previous offering. He told me he had been given the seats as a gift with his newly loaded Ford Explorer that has bullet proof glass. (That's what you need when you give your kid a loaded fire-arm for his birthday.)

I asked him, "How come you aren't going to the game?"

He said he couldn’t go because he was having surgery on an annoying goiter.

I said, "Really?"

And he said, "No. Not really. I just don't feel like going. In fact, I don't feel like doing anything. You know what? I'm going to quit Blogging."

Just like that. He blurted it out in the snap of fingers like switch-blade steel. "I'm going to quit Blogging."

It was at that point that I asked the Mayor the most important question of all. "So...uh..do you have the tickets on you or do I have to pick them up?"

Fortunately he had them on him and handed them over with a sad expression that should've been reserved for the creepiest of clowns.

Well let me tell you people. The seats were in the ACC restaurant, right on the glass, overlooking the rink, and were spectacular. I think that is the first time I’ve ever had a meal where I actually looked snooty while I ate.

They brought us pheasant, lobster, grilled partridge, stuffed mushrooms, fillet minion, the works. It was hard to watch the game there was so much food and booze.

Initially the match between the two juggernauts was not going the way of the Buds and GIGC, being the fan she is, was not taking things lightly. Let's just say, shortly after someone threw a piece of prime rib and Yorkshire pudding onto the ice, the boys turned it around. They came back to win in a shootout 5-4.

Wow! What a game.

However, a few times during the evening, I think when I was at the urinal, my thoughts turned back to the Mayor and his strange demeanor. "He's going to quit Blogging? He can't do that. Who will I rip my stuff off of?"

So I urge you, what few readers I have, (probably all from Mitchieville anyway), to go to the Mayor's side and urge him not to quit. If that fails. I know where he lives.

We need good men like the Mayor in our lives to prove milk can still come out of our noses and your right testicle will pop like a balloon if you laugh too hard.

No comments: