Friday, March 17, 2006

Queen La-thief-a

Once again I was the recipient of the Mayor’s hospitality. This time through GIGC.

She was stopping by the Mayor’s office to drop off a stick of French bread, a fruit basket, and just to say hi.

She found him in his now depressed state, wallowing in anguish. He paused long enough to remove the gun from his mouth and asked her, "do you want some really sweet tickets to see Queen and Paul Rogers?"

"Where did you get them?"

"I stole them," he replied.

"Really?" She said.

"No not really. Haven't you heard? I don't want to Blog anymore."

"Oh." She said. "Well....good luck with all that."

Then she asked the question most troubling her brain. "What’s the catch? What do I have to do for these tickets?"

He said, "Make sure you take Strange with you".

Although faced with a hard decision, she relented and took the tickets.

First of all, I don’t know where the Mayor keeps getting these seats but they were again spectacular. We were dead centre on the floor about five rows back from the catwalk stage that jutted out into the audience like some phallic beast.

Brian May was so close he actually sweated on me several times, burning my eyes. He’ll be hearing from my lawyer.

The show was amazing. They played that Vanilla Ice song, then they played that David Bowie "Pressure" song, a bunch of Bad Company songs, and topped it all off with that Wayne’s World song, and the other one you some times hear in sports arenas.

The only downfall of the evening was, being that close to the stage tends to scare audiences when the band members are, how should I say, of a more mature age. I can’t imagine the horror of actually being that close to seeing the Stones perform. It would be simply terrifing.

Paul Rogers looked like Chuck Norris which in itself is scarry enough. Although he didn’t look like the 65 year old Chuck. He looked more like the 62 year old Chuck.

I think Kelsey Grammar was on keyboards, and the guitarist from Loverboy on rhythm. Not Mike Reno, the other red bandana wearing freak, what’s his name.

Then there was Roger Taylor who had a fat Rutger Hauer vibe going on. I nearly shit myself twice when he was allowed to linger near the edge of the catwalk.

In all a great show. I can’t wait to see what the Mayor has for us next. That is, if he’s still alive?

No comments: