Thursday, March 23, 2006

Thus quote the Mayor..."Evermore"

All right, it was a week ago the Mayor decided he was closing the doors to his Blog forever.

In memory of his wit, and humour, and humanitarianism...really I could go on, but I won’t, I had a fitting tribute planned with some of my favourite posts, and links from his site. I spent hours upon hours, scouring his archives, looking for the gems and then what happens?

The Mayor comes out of a three day retirement and starts posting again like a madman. I think as of today he had posted 782 new Blogs in three days. Holy fuck! Did his special Columbian shipment finally get here or something?

Well, you know what? Fuck it! I’m giving the bastard the send-off he deserves whether he likes it or not. And this is no easy task. It could take a few days as my researchers, (me), comb the annuls, (Huh,huh...I said annuls), of his Blog.

Mitchieville was a fun place, a nice place,...dare I say it?....A wonderful place where we could all go on a daily basis and run free like buffalo roaming the open plains, until they were all slaughtered.

There among the pages was the kind, sensitive, comedic foray of our extraordinary Mayor.

Who will ever forget some of his priceless links? Links like "Fat chicks in party hats," or "hamsters in hats," for that matter. He was willing to link the risky, "Jesus of the week," and "dad this is Karen," to the absurd: Some idiot who thinks he's Peter Pan other than M.J.


The Mayor will always be remembered as a great lover of animals, (Not in the biblical sense), but kindness, (see picture), yet strange obsession towards them. Seals and penguins in particular were his favourite.

His amazing ability to help others through posts like this one, and his selfless awareness of self being. I mean who could ever forget The Mayor's quest for hits by putting his balls on the line?....Yes we will miss the Mayor.

No comments: