Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It’s unanimous

Did I see right?

Last night I saw an ad for a new reality television program called "Unanimous". The premiss is they lock twelve people in a bunker underground. Only one of which will win a prize pool starting at 1.5 million.

The catch is, they all have to unanimously agree who gets the moolah. The longer it takes, the more the pot shrinks, ticking away like the seconds on "24" until it's nothing more than parking validation.

Does anyone else see the stupidity here? The desperation, the futility? And I'm not talking about my Blog.

Are we that hard up for entertainment, we have to resort to a bunch of greedy fucks strangling each other on national television screaming, "Give me the money"?

What's next "The Fearless, Survivor, Amazing Racing, Fat, Wife-swapping, Strange-Nanny-Loving, Sureal Life Bachelor?"

Well, I won’t be watching "Unanimous," and listening to a bunch of sniveling idiots.
"Oh give me the money. I have cancer."
"No give me the....I'm sorry I have short term memory loss. What was it you were supposed to give me?"
"No give me the money I lost my leg on an ice-flow to a hostile penguin. See I have a prosthetic leg."
Then someone beats him to death with it.

Nope not for me. Won't give it the time of day. I don’t need to. I’ll just wait for Uncle Willie to pass on and watch the hornets nest of relatives squabble over the inheritance with kitchen utensils until only one is left standing.

Now that’s entertainment value.

Hey, who do I contact at the networks about this?

"A coffin filled with cash.....thirty angry and grieving relatives....one butter knife.....who will win?.......The Inheritance!"

2 comments:

Canopenner said...

Yeah, that show sounds pretty lame...I wish I could program my DVR to remove shows from the TV line up.

Strange said...

I agree CO. Really this show is only Big Brother dressed in your sister's clothes.