Saturday, August 06, 2005

Weather or not

Last week I attended the Camp David style retreat of The Mayor of Mitchieville to discuss campaign strategies with the likes of Fenris, Sargon, Bob Noxious, Ice Queen and of course the beloved Mayor himself.

It was to be a wondrous weekend of seasonal temperatures, outrageous frolic and roasted weenies. Nothing but sun and sand. However, Sunday came and despite the weather predictions of "the perfect weekend", a downpour of significance not seen since last year’s hurricane season in Florida invaded our shangri-la.

Thunder, lightning, hail, more thunder, the weather was so atrocious I decided to hunt down the man who gave out the erroneous information to cottage country and give him a severe lashing about the head and shoulders.

The man in question, Gyler Sperling, offered to make it up to me by posting a few weekend weather blogs on my site. Now, I’m not a violent man, so I took up the pipe of peace by accepting Gyler’s gracious offer. Anyone can make a mistake, right? And the weather guys have been known to make a few. Besides, I could use a break from Blogging. These weekend posts are killin' me.

So without further insult or injury, I present to you Gyler Sperling, splendiferous weather man.

The weather for Toronto the week of August 8th.

A cold front will move in for Monday giving us a much deserved break from the heat, but expect torrential down pours Tuesday through Thursday. We are talking rain of Noah proportions people. It will not be enough to simply grab an umbrella. Move to higher ground and start collecting two of everything. On Friday, those still left alive will enjoy the start of what promises to be an excellent weekend of mild temperatures, although you may want to remain on top of your roof until the waters subside.

If you would like to know the weather in your area simply drop Gyler a line. I’m sure he can check the old radar for your area in a future post.

No comments: