Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Burn baby burn

Seems everyone and their Italian Baker is downloading movies and burning their own copies now.

To that I say, "Why not?" I mean, just look at the spring line up of cheesy sub-par celluloid being unleashed on us over the next few months.

You actually expect me to shell out $25 to sit in a theatre while I have my chair kicked by some maniacal 4 year old Hitler, while I try to ingest $8 dollar popcorn and ask myself, "Who gives a damn if Matthew Perry is the correct answer to- This actor appeared in The Whole Nine yards and it’s sequel with Bruce Willis?"

Just for a minute think of the trash playing at your local cinema and tell me you’re not contemplating running out at this very moment to purchase a burner, if you don’t own one already?

I’d rather be forced to watch a poorly recorded cam version of Nanny McPhee in the comfort of my own home, with some guy coughing and the occasional head of hair like some bizarre fern sticking up in the corner of the screen, than deal with it all in person.

For years we’ve been scammed into buying over priced movies to pay some mid-range actor $20 mil a film. This practice not confined to the theatres, but on VHS, and then DVD. Only to discover, a new "must have," format is coming out, rendering our collections obsolete.

Note to Hollywood: Bend over and take it like a man. This is how we’ve felt for years as you goosed us with the phallic thrust of your own greed. You want my butt in the seat? Make better movies and not crap like, "Final Pink Panther Destination 3".

That is all.

No comments: