Thursday, December 08, 2005

My, how time flies


It was twenty five years ago today.

....seem like longer to me.

...that Lenin died. One of the leading political figures and revolutionary thinkers of the 20th century, Lenin masterminded the Bolshevik take-over of power in Russia in 1917 and was the architect and first head of the Soviet state....

You know he doesn’t seem like such a bad chap. Just look at that lovable mug. He kinda looks like a Mike Myers character don't ya think?

He posthumously gave name to the Marxist-Leninist ideology, but by the death of the communist system in 1991, his legacy was largely discredited and....

....what? Lennon not Lenin? Oh John Lennon.....I...ah...um...........................................................Hey! Have you seen my new clock?....Sweet ain’t it? Got it from the Mayor of Mitchieville along with a bottle of Scotch and a $10 food voucher for Chuckie Cheese, as an early Christmas present....

You know....you’re right. It’s not much of a gift is it? Come to think of it, the Mayor’s pretty cheap. After all I’ve done for him.

I've been Campaign manager for years. Orchestrating his consistent defeats over that bastard Jerry Casby. I won't even discuss the favors I had to pull to get him out of his so-called "business trip" to Bangladesh. Hell, I even threw a pie in the face of Paul Martin during his visit with Condalisa Rice, for that man. And all I get is a clock, a little booze, and a gift certificate to a restaurant? I'd rather eat the ass end of a cat.

The Mayor should have used the Scotch to liquor up some scantily clad nymphettes and drop them off at my place, wrapped in Christmas bows and bacon, for a little of the old kneel & bob. And I’m not talking about Young and Dylan.

With a thoughtful, giving act like that, I'd be feeling much Joy....personally I don't care what the other girl's name is. Now there's a Christmas present.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh oh......"D" needs to keep you away from Taz!...lol

Love the clock btw!

Strange said...

shhhhh....my love of animals is my own business.

The Mayor said...

I miss Lenin, I styled my own Mayoralship after him.


And if it's scantilly clad nymphetes, all you had to do is ask. (I'll get Laura and Linda to pop by)

Strange said...

I appreciate that. And congrats on being voted third best Mayor in the world behind Hazel and that bitch from Athens.