Sunday, June 05, 2005

All things Trent

Over the past month my girl has developed a insatiable desire for Trent Reznor. What started as a curious foray into the world of NIN as become an unquenchable need for all things Trent. Christ, she sings "I want to fuck you like an animal," from the song "Closer," when she does laundry. She’s taken to running over small insignificant animals that scurry in front of her car. She’s even indulged in self torture in a Bob Flannigan sort of way while she wears her Trent Reznor pillowcase nighty. I’m helpless. This is now our official home page.

This past week she was devastated when NIN pulled out of performing at the MTV awards, apparently over the forbidden usage of a back drop of George Bush behind them as they perform "The Hand That Feeds". She even offered up hers as a replacement, providing Trent and the boys were still adamant about playing in front of bush, but no dice.

Now, there is an up side to all of this. Things are not as dire as they seem. My girl is also convinced that Trent and I share a remarkable resemblance, ( although I’m taller). You can decide for yourself. Personally, except for our similar taste in fashion and desire to pose in front of tree like objects, I don’t see it. However she is convinced we are long lost twins and has been humping my leg like an excited puppy for days. I have half a mind to hit her with a rolled up newspaper and entice her into the boudoir with a pair of NIN tickets.

4 comments:

The Mayor said...

Trent does look like YOU.

The major difference between you and Trent is that you're not a snivelling, whining bitch.

Wanna go camping?

Anonymous said...

To the Mayor I say this: How dare you speak of things you know nothing of...whining snivelling, my ass.

That great genius of our time (match that) just won a well-deserved lawsuit after slaving for so many years to show his talent and worth, just to have someone try and steal it all away.

Did he complain? NO! Did he stop performing for all of his adoring fans? NO! Did he stop writing ground-breaking lyrics for the world to hear? NO! All the while, not earning a cent.

Whining and snivelling, i don't think so!!

A long-suffering and persevering soul who overcame addiction and made himself into a better person mentally and physically. (have u actually seen a recent picture?!!)

Think again Mayor, u will lose my vote for sure this year if u do not rethink your "fly by the seat of your pants comment".

Love u tho, u know that! But that doesn't change my opinion. And obviously mine is the one that counts.

The Mayor said...

Hey...whu?.....who?....heh?....
whudufuck? Didn't I just read that comment on my blog?

Strange said...

I'm going to put an end to all this, and by "end", I mean my ass.