Thursday, February 24, 2005

Give em the Dirty Sanchez

Last night Motley Crue played in town. Although I wasn't present at the show I'm sure it carried a cheese factor of 9.2 Perhaps I'm just distraught that they didn’t play a venue closer like the Mitchieville Memorial Arena instead of the ACC? Or it could be I still harbour I’ll feelings toward a music business that so callously tossed me on the dung heap so many years ago? Or maybe I just don’t like bands that have umlauts in their name?

The real reason is, I know that the air was ripe with mindless phrases from the book of MCs like "Hello (insert city name here) You guys are the best." Which would be followed by the donning of a sweater displaying a local sports team. For some reason audiences eat up those asinine questions like "Are you ready to Rock?" Does intelligence suddenly depart at the click of a lighter when the house lights dim? It makes me mad and I feel like giving the whole industry a Dirty Sanchez. Since I can’t do that I will settle for giving a D.S. to Britney Spears. If you feel like I do, or if you are simply having a shitty day, go to the link and do it. You’ll feel better.

No comments: