Thursday, February 10, 2005

Game On!

Since Sunday’s Football battle of the behemoths, there is a subsequent lull in the sporting world. What? I’m suppose to watch basketball? I don’t think so. In an effort to keep the sport conscious mind active and a tiny tinge of excitement in the left testicle, (Joe please use your middle one), I introduce to you, the hopefully entertaining, and somewhat nauseating, NBA (National Blog Association), and The Blogging Arena of Death.

This is in part, due to my previous statement, "there are no major sporting events on the horizon," and part in protest to the Bloggies for snubbing The Mitchieville Rebels as the best new team on the Blog. The Mayor’s not Michael Moore or Jim Carey ya know. He has feelings. The man does cry.

As the Razzies are to the Oscars, I guess you could call this the best of the worst. (Yes I am all out of ideas). I have been clicking next on the dashboard with some regularity over the past weeks as the season came to a thrilling conclusion. Now I didn’t have time to surf all the boring Blogs out there so some of you will have to wait until next year. This is all luck, or bad luck, of the draw. I am not picking on anyone specific. If I was, I would simply testify that my Blog sucks-ass over all and be done with it. But why have a one day Blog when I can stretch this thing out like the Hockey playoffs?

There will be swell prizes for the winning Blog, or is that losing Blog? Not to mention the coveted Link Cup Trophy. So with out further delay, I would like to introduce today’s teams hot off victories over their competitors in North East Division quarter-finals. Lets have a big warm "Ciao" for http://botalabasura.blogspot.com/ she’s a 24 year old student from Italy, born in the year of the monkey, I can’t understand what the hell she’s talking about, but she seems like a nice girl.

and the challenger, right from my own backyard, another student, http://superkittyjumpsoff.blogspot.com/ who spent most of the season in rehab and just barely squeaked into the playoffs and has already knocked off the team that finished first in The North East Division.

Let’s have a clean game here. Vote for the Blog you like least, comment or e-mail, the score will be tallied and the worst one moves on. This one’s going to be a real cat fight people. Game On!

No comments: