Wednesday, February 20, 2008

At least one in the oven

Juno is this year’s Little Miss Sunshine; a poignant , yet funny movie with fresh dialogue and an excellent script. Too bad the academy doesn’t reward funny. Shit, sometimes they don’t even reward smart, well written and entertaining, (see Monday’s blog on Atonement).

I can tell you, unlike Atonement, Juno didn’t make me want to explore my bulimic side, nor make me feel like I’d just had my prostate milked by Bubba from cell block six.

As much as I like this movie I don’t see it creeping in ala Crash to snag the big fish. Yet, knowing there are still movies out there with entertainment value is comforting in itself. If nothing more, Juno deserves Original Screenplay although, an Actress nod to Ellen Page would be an added bonus.

No comments: