Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Worn Horse in my opinion



As Woody Allen is a pariah to the academy, so too is Steven Spielberg. For some reason the Academy just loves to snub this guy. Sure he makes them sit up and notice with celluloid like Schindler's List, but beyond that...hit the road buddy.

Personally I don't believe it's so much Spielberg as it is his ability to crank out hugely successful films and the Academy doesn't appreciate gigantic money generators.

Very strange, since those dollars keep the fabric of Hollywood spinning. However, over the years there seems to be some misconception that if you pull in substantial green you've got a shitty script and shoddy acting unworthy of Oscar gold.

That said, War Horse is unworthy of Oscar Gold. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I found this film to be less than typical Spielberg...it was too slow for my liking ...actually tired would probably be a better description. It was another of this year's nominated nine that left me ho-hum instead of whistling high-ho.

No comments: