Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The long and winding blog

I’m a little crusty-eyed after all the games in The Blog Arena of Death Sunday. I sat in great anticipation as the day began. I even put on my new Jetsgo flight attendent uniform that I got for a bargain on ebay. Sitting with a big bucket of munchies and beers as history played out in front of me, I watched as Blewbewy cut through Westernkyteenveg like a hot knife through butter. I saw the relentless onslaught of Pearlzid87 who brought along an interpreter to solve the enigma of their opponent. They not only unexpectedly beat Botalabasura, but devoured them. Then there was the little-too-late rally of Simonecreativ who tried valiantly but were over matched by Exoticwaverley.

However, the final game between the defending champ Dazzlingprincess and the challenger Carascoolplaceonline was the most exciting of the bunch. A scorless tie that went into the twelth extra frame. I think that would make it Dodecahedrouple overtime. The champ survived the scare and squeaked out a somewhat disputed goal that upon review stood as the winner.

That’s why I couldn’t post the games yesterday the last game was still being played. Not since the first Norwegian to scream "Iditarod," has a sporting event gone on this long. The conference finals go next weekend with Blewbewy up against Dazzlingprincess and Pearlzid87 up against Exoticwaverley.

No comments: