Friday, February 20, 2009

This dog has fleas


Everyone is calling for this film to piss with the big dogs of cinema and take home the Oscar. Although it's not my choice for winner take all, I'll let the water carry me down stream and say it will win. I guess you don't have to like the Academy's decision- remember The English patient?

The reason I feel this way? I guess it's because I heard so much buzz before I saw the film. My expectations were just too high.

Don't get me wrong, this movie is a feel good picture with hope, drama, romance, intrigue and a little kid covered in shit that makes a good picture....well good.

It's about a dude from the slums who ends up on India's version of, "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" and answers questions based on his life experience.

Yet, I can't shake the annoying voice in my head. The host of the show in the movie who says "Mil-on-air" for an hour-and-a-half. It grates on me like a hooker with steel wool between her legs- other than that my trip to Mexico was excellent.

But I assume that when the question to who won the Oscar for best film this year is asked, the answer will be Slumdog Millionaire.

No comments: