Sunday, April 02, 2006

Bra-vo, Bra-vo!

It’s going to take me a while to get back into the routine of not Blogging everyday...if that makes any sense? Forget this is my 500th post.....No, I said just forget it....don't send me anything for this meaningless milestone. Nope. Not even a comment....Thank you.

A few interesting bits I heard this week were.....

Victoria Secret is suing La Senza over a bra. According to VC, they claim the La Senza "Itec" bra is a blatant rip-off of their, "Ipex" model. Other than both products are four letters long , begin with "I", sound eerily familiar, and hold breasts, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I mean how do you tell the difference?

Hey......I have an idea about how to settle this matter out of court. I say we get a panel of judges....say myself, The Mayor, Bob Noxious and GIGC, because she really enjoys groping women.

We line up a bunch of models, 50 should be sufficient, all wearing one or the other bras. Then we try, through various touching and squeezing exercises, to guess who’s wearing what.....sorry we are no longer accepting resumes from would-be judges.

It's spring yet Leafs are still falling.

Toronto Maple Leafs coach , Pat Quinn says when the season’s over he will visit the Canadian troops in Afghanistan. I ask, with 10 games remaining and seven points out of a playoff spot, what are you still doing here Pat? The season is over. The Leafs are already dead, just like I predicted back in November.

Can you guess where I'm calling from?

Speaking of dead and buried: Apparently an increasing new trend is for people to be accompanied six feet under by their cell phones and lap tops. Just think of the long distance charges....of course someone else is going to be paying the bill.

Screening the screeners

Experts aren’t so sure that the makers of sun screen are selling products that give you the protection and longevity they preach, saying, "Sun-screen may be the modern day 'snake oil' of placebos"....Personally I have no complaints. It has always given me exceptional protection. I have never had a problem with longevity, or gotten anyone pregnant for that matter. Plus it tastes great on bread. It's everything I was told it was. What more can you ask for?

Didn't we almost have it all?

Did you know Whitney Houston is living in squaller with Bobby Brown in their mansion right now? They probably haven't even switched the clocks forward yet. That is, if they still have clocks. Might have sold 'em for crack. You never know.

First of all, I want to understand....how the fuck do you live in squaller in a mansion?

In a cardboard box? Yes.
In the back seat of a rusted out 72 Dodge? Yes.
In a condemned building? Yes.

But a mansion? I smell a publicity stunt for a potential new board game....let’s see... Whitney...with the crack pipe...in the conservatory.

Idle votes

Finally there is a site you can go to, to vote for the worst American Idol singer each week.

This is an attempt to fuck up the competition and undermine the show. If you’re interested it’s here.

If you ask me, I say, don't waste you're time with Idol. Why don’t we band together, call radio stations and demand airplay for Whitney and Bobby. Do our part to generate some much needed royalties so they can buy a new couch, or if we're really lucky.....O.D.

2 comments:

The Mayor said...

Holy fuck, 500?

Not too bad for a guy that doesn't have any fingers.

Strange said...

It's amazing what you can do with your elbows isn't it?