Monday, December 24, 2007

The rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated

Twas the night before Christmas and I have a humorous story to tell.

First ting you should know is never let GIGC mix you a drink. On an evening over the last weekend, I forgot the golden rule and allowed GIGC to make me, not one, but two Caesars spicy as hell.

By the time I was finished the second beverage the 1/2 bottle of vodka had kicked in and I was numb. In fact I said to GIGC, "I'm numb", or "urrrrghhhh"- something to that effect. Perhaps I was even drooling.

The important thing is, she got the message and proceeded to text the humor of my situation with a mutual friend of ours

Second thing you need to know is GIGC is not high on dropping symbols and text-lingo in her messages....lol ;-)

So all our friend gets is, "Strange is numb!"

We started to watch a movie....well, GIGC watched, I was near comatose and........oh...

The third thing you need to know is, never interrupt GIGC in the middle of a movie. Which is exactly what our friend did when she got the text.

GIGC: "Hello!"

MF: (It stands for Mutual Friend not what you're thinking.) "It's me MF."

GIGC: "Can I call you back? I'm busy right now."

MF: "Is Strange OK?"

GIGC: "Yeah, he just had two Caesars." and she abruptly hung up.

Except MF didn't hear "Caesars", she heard, "Seizures", and began to panic.

Within minutes everyone from friends to the local undertaker were calling to get an update on my deathly prognosis. I half expected paramedics to bust through the door at any given second to administer CPR to my groggy, drooling ass and don't be surprised if this shows up in one of my books somewhere in the future.

Merry Christmas to all bloggers and readers and to all a good night.

No comments: