Thursday, January 18, 2007

Kong is king

Last night I finally saw Kong.....no, not Peter Jackson’s Kong......no, not that piece of crap remake from the 70's with Jeff Bridges and Jessica Lange ....not even the Cooper original with Fay Wray . I’m talking about the band Kong
who delivered a small acoustic set at the Roof Top Pub last night. The trio of Jordan, (keys/vocals), Justin, (guitar) & Tristan, (bass/vocals) performed Neil Young’s Sugar Mountain and a Dark Side of the Moon medley. It was the perfect sandwich around the meat of one of their originals Blind Rain.
....Oh, did I mention the bass player is my son?.....Ok I’m biased....so sue me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed it! Hopefully we'll see him at future gigs around town.

Strange said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Strange said...

I think their next gig is as opening act for the Whitby Wing Eating Contest Finals.