Friday, January 18, 2013

NFL Playoff picks

So Ol' Strange did a little better in his picks last weekend, but I'd hardly call an overall record of 3 for 8 stellar.

This weekend I plan on moving back to 500 with the following no-brainers- which will also apply if I'm wrong.

San Fran vs Atlanta -At this point as much as I respect the Falcon's home record and as much as my heart wants Tony G. to get a ring before he hangs 'em up, I can't ignore what the 49er's did to Green Bay last week. It really comes down to a mobile QB and Kapernick can run and surprise a lot of defenses. So I'm picking San Fran in a squeeker here. 49ers 31- Falcons 30.

Baltimore vs New England - At this point as much as I don't respect anything the Patriots (Tom Brady) do and as much as my heart would like to see Ray Lewis, (at this point) see the big show one last time before he hangs 'em up, I can't ignore all the N.E. weapons. It will really come down to the health of the Gronk and the perfection of Brady/Welker, but I don't see a problem here with another Patriots return *yawn* to the Super Bowl. Ravens 21- Partiots 38.

No comments: