Saturday, March 06, 2010

District 9 goes to 11



I have to admit, visually, I was more impressed with this film over Avatar, simply for the fact the story took place in the real world not on some fictional far-off planet. Very quickly you forget you are watching CGI genius and buy in to believing the characters and story.

But then again, I'm a big fan of anything Peter Jackson touches- all right The Lovely Bones, not so much, yet, I would still have his children and crawl across a room full of razor blades to drink a pound of his piss.

Unfortunately, outside of a few technical awards for this film's brilliance, I don't see the bigger picture....which is to say that District 9- the bigger picture- will not win for being the bigger picture.

In other words: Christopher Johnson yeah? Best film Oscar- No.

No comments: