Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ten for that, you must be mad?



So here we are. Just over a week away from the Oscars and I've got ten movies to review. TEN! Were there even ten good movies this year? Seems the movie industry is pushing worthless crap out their womb faster than immigrant refugees abusing the welfare system, or do I have to remind you of Land of the Lost and 2012?

Yet, never the less, I will do my best to sort through the mess and give you my opinion on what I feel are the Oscar worthy films and I might as well start with a good one.

Inglorious Basterds



This is the first time since the glory days of Pulp Fiction that Quentin Tarantino finds himself occupying a seat at the Kodak. In my perfect Oscar world, Basterds pulls the upset, Tarantino walks away with the statue and beats everyone else in attendance to death with a baseball bat. But this isn't my perfect world is it?

Plus, the man hasn't exactly churned out excellent celluloid like this in some time- see Death Proof.

Inglorious Basterds, I found to be quite mesmerizing and at least worthy of some kind of recognition next Sunday night, but we all know that's not going to happen.
Maybe Hollywood needs a visit from the Bear Jew?

No comments: