Thursday, October 01, 2009

So it's October

Of course I'm a little late to start posting Halloween stuff. It seems the stores have been pushing costumes, pumpkins and candy ever since school was back in. And I'm sure October 31st the Christmas decorations will suddenly spring up in another effort to evoke a buying frenzy of more shit we don't need.

I find over the years I've become more of a minimalist, tired of being sold from every form of media out there trying to get me to buy this and that.

My mind has started a mini rebellion and I am looking to rid myself of all the crap and clutter to live more simply. The dividing line between the haves and the have-nots is becoming increasingly wider and I no longer wish to be involved.

Sure I understand the value of keeping the economic engine churning, but at what cost.

Perhaps it's time we all just enjoyed the elements of the season, instead of feeling guilted into purchases we don't need and getting fucked in the process.

No comments: