Friday, February 25, 2011

Oscar reviews #9

The Fighter



I hear every one talking about what an amazing film this is, but I just don't see it.

Oscar worthy? Yes, in a year when the competition isn't particularly strong, but I enjoyed The Town equally as much and where is it in the nominations?

The unfortunate thing about this film is it forces me to compare it to others of it's subject matter- Million Dollar Baby, The Wrestler, Rocky, Cinderella Man, all better films in my opinion.

I think the biggest fail, for me was, although the film was well acted- Christian Bale especially- I couldn't get passed Mark Wahlberg. The same Mark Wahlberg I've seen countless times before in films such as *gulp* The Other Guys, Planet of the Apes and dare I say it, The Happening. Those were more Razzie than Oscar and I believe it will hurt the Fighter's chances of seeing any gold.

No comments: